Monday, April 15

Moses Secures Three Points for Police

By a Staff Reporter

Kathmandu – Ghanaian forward Moses Gyabaah Twum emerged as the hero for Nepal Police Club, scoring a brace to secure all three points in an ongoing Martyr’s Memorial ‘A’ Division League.

Trailing 1-0 in the first half, Nepal Police displayed remarkable resilience in the second half, staging a strong comeback to net twice and register a 2-1 victory over two-time defending champions Machhindra FC. The defeat dealt a severe blow to Machhindra’s aspirations of clinching a historic hat-trick of titles, leaving them five points adrift of the league leaders, Church Boys United. With just one point required from their remaining two matches, Church Boys are on the verge of securing the league title in their debut season.

The deadlock of the match was broken in the 25th minute when Olawale Afeez capitalized on Tsering Gurung’s cross from the left flank, tapping the ball into the back of the net.

Despite missing several opportunities earlier, Moses Gyabaah Twum finally made his mark in the 75th minute. Converting a freekick from the edge of the box, Moses brought Police back into the match. The free kick was awarded after Machhindra’s Diwakar Chaudhary pushed Moses while attempting to block him.

Thirteen minutes later, Moses displayed composure as he calmly placed the ball into the back of the net, capitalizing on Buddha Tamang’s long pass from their own half, securing a crucial victory for Police.

Despite the triumph, Nepal Police Club, currently tied with Jawalakhel on 37 points, remained in fourth place due to their head-to-head record. Meanwhile, Machhindra FC held their ground in second place with 39 points from 24 matches.

At Dasarath Stadium, New Road Team and Himalayan Sherpa Club played out a 1-1 draw, while Sankata Club dominated relegation favorites FC Khumaltar with a convincing 3-0 victory at the ANFA Complex.

In the fourth match of the day, Manang Marshyangdi Club settled for a draw against Friends Club. The first half remained goalless until Niranjan Dhami broke the deadlock in the 52nd minute, heading the ball off Bijay Shrestha’s corner. Manang seemed destined for victory, but Amit Tamang’s 86th-minute penalty earned a vital point for Friends.

Despite their valiant efforts, Friends Club continues to struggle in the relegation zone, while Manang Marshyangdi Club failed to maintain its position.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *